Skip to main content

Book Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Date of Publication: 25th January 2011
Pages: 358
Source: Bought
Series: The Iron Fey #3
Synopsis from Goodreads.com:
My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.


My Thoughts:
Wow, what an awesome ending to an awesome series. I cannot recommend this series enough. If you haven't read it, you should. Buy it, borrow it, do whatever you can to read it. Don't illegally download or steal it though. That's naughty. Anyway, back to the review.

I won't say too much about the plot, as I don't want to give away anything about what happens in the previous two books, but I could potentially let out a few minor spoilers, so if you haven't read the first two and don't want to be spoiled, stop reading now.

So, it was inevitable that the last book in this series was going to have a huge fight between the oldblood faeries from the Summer and Winter courts and the Iron Fey. And what a battle it was. Kagawa's writing is immense. The way she describes everything in detail, so it's extremely easy to watch the book play out like a movie in your head, is amazing. It was so good, I could even read while my brothers were watching TV in the same room, something which I'm awful at because I just get distracted. So me be able to read without getting distracted by the TV must mean that it's awesome.

Another way I could tell it was awesome was the fact that I would start reading, and look up a little later and find out that I'd been reading for more than a few hours. Normally, something would interrupt me, or I'd have to stop because I remembered I had to do something, but I didn't. I was engrossed, and I could not stop those pages from turning. It was great.

I love the characters in The Iron Fey series. Meghan, Ash, Puck and Grimalkin. I love Meghan, she's strong and determined, though she can be a little whiny. It didn't bother me though, no one is perfect. Ash is... Well, he's a super hot Winter prince. What more can I say? Puck was his usual, goofy, loveable self, and Grimalkin was still an annoying, disappearing cat. I love how all the characters were all the same people as they were the book before, as it bugs me when you read a book, and then in the sequel, they have a completely different personality and are so different to what you originally thought they were.

Overall, The Iron Queen was a perfect ending to a truly amazing series. I cannot recommend it enough, and everything about it is just great. I cannot think of anything to complain about. It's awesome, and I'm begging you to read it if you haven't. :D

My Rating:
I give it 5 Feet!


Challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge #9
2011 Paranormal YA Reading Challenge #6

Comments

  1. Great Review Bella!! I agree that this was a perfect ending to this story. I can't wait to read the Iron Knight!

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D I love comments, so comment away! :D

*I am no longer accepting blog awards :( I do not have time to go through all the things that come with it, and though I'm honoured you thought of me, I'm sure you can find someone who will love it, and be able to carry out the rules :)

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood

Hello all! Hope you're all enjoying the summer! I'm currently on holiday in a huge castle in the South of France and enjoying relaxing, playing games, and of course reading a lot!  Today's post is a review of a dreamy summer romance that's perfect for your holiday TBRs! Title:  A Sky Painted Gold Author:  Laura Wood Series:   n/a Pages:   356 Publisher:  Scholastic Date of Publication:  5th July, 2018 Source:  Publisher for review* Synopsis from Goodreads: Growing up in her sleepy Cornish village dreaming of being a writer, sixteen-year-old Lou has always wondered about the grand Cardew house which has stood empty for years. And when the owners arrive for the summer - a handsome, dashing brother and sister - Lou is quite swept off her feet and into a world of moonlit cocktail parties and glamour beyond her wildest dreams. But, as she grows closer to the Cardews, is she abandoning her own ambitions... And is there something darker lurking at the

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Title: Where She Went Author: Gayle Forman Series: If I Stay #2 Pages: 260 Publisher: Random House Date of UK Publication: April 28th 2011 Source: Borrowed from friend Synopsis from Goodreads: It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future and each other. Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance. My Thoughts: Where She Went continues the story from If I

REVIEW: Floored by Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood

Good morning! Hope you're having a good week! Today I have a review for one of the biggest titles at YALC this year. Title:  Floored Author:  Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood Series:  n/a Pages:   320 Publisher:  Macmillan Date of Publication:  12th July, 2018 Synopsis from Goodreads: When they got in the lift, they were strangers (though didn't that guy used to be on TV?): Sasha, who is desperately trying to deliver a parcel; Hugo, who knows he's the best-looking guy in the lift and is eyeing up Velvet, who knows what that look means when you hear her name and it doesn't match the way she looks, or the way she talks; Dawson, who was on TV, but isn't as good-looking as he was a few years ago and is desperately hoping no one recognizes him; Kaitlyn, who's losing her sight but won't admit it, and who used to have a poster of Dawson on her bedroom wall, and Joe, who shoul